How do I apply Resident Visa after I get Admission Letter?
Please prepare documents below:
- A passport valid for at least six months;
- A duly completed application form with two 2x2 inch color photos taken within the past six months.
- Supporting documents or official letters of approval from a competent authority of the ROC; and
- Other relevant documents.
- Health Certificate if applicable
- A certificate of enrollment issued by the Chinese language center affiliated to one of the universities accredited by the Ministry of Education. For information on the schools, please visit http://english.moe.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=9693&CtNode=417&mp=1 for the updated list.
- A copy of the entry visa with annotation “FR and the name of school”.
- ED card with entry record stamp copy.
- A certificate issued by an accredited Chinese language school verifying the completion of four months of study and matriculation for another course for at least three months.
- An attendance record.
- A proof of financial support.
- Health certificate issued within the last three months.
Duration of stay:
Resident Visa holders are required to apply for the Alien Resident Certificate and Re-entry Permit at local service centers of the National Immigration Agency within 15 days starting from the next day of their arrival. They may stay in the ROC as long as the Alien Resident Certificate remains valid.
- Please refer to "Standard Fees for Republic of China (Taiwan) Visas in Foreign Passports."
- An additional handling charge of NT??00 shall apply to applications made in the ROC by visitor visa holders applying for change or replacement of visitor visa or resident visa.
- For foreign nationals from the countries with which the ROC has entered into reciprocal agreements, the Resident Visa is issued gratis.
If foreign nationals who have entered the ROC with Visitor Visas are subsequently legally employed in the ROC, they may make the necessary change from their Visitor Visa into a Resident Visa in this country directly.
The above regulations do not apply to blue collar workers or those who enter the ROC via the visa exemption program or landing visa.
Application Form Download