Research and Development office which operated as the Research and Development Committee in 1973, was founded in December, 1975, by the approval of the Board of Trustees. Renamed to be the Office of Research and Development after the resolution made by School Affairs Meeting held in August 1994. Sections of Research Promotion and School Affairs Development were incorporated in March, 1996 under this office and its main jobs are as follows:
1. Plan and promote middle & long term school development, campus and environment projection and space allocation.
2. Research and propose the foundation of school policy or regime.
3. Promote and coordinate academic research, corporate course and exchange programs.
4. Allocate experiment fund, grant and subsidy from the Ministry of Education.
5. Invite, examine and edit the research papers for Chung Yuan Journal.
6. Manage the tasks assigned by the president.
To meet the demand in school affairs development, this office has stipulated a 4-year middle term development plan. It comprises teaching, research, service and guidance, campus environment project, administration, and annual budget. Moreover, to promote corporate courses, this office actively contacts industries and research institutes to get research projects. At the moment we won a notable reputation for the number of managed research plans.