DIGS (Distinguished International Graduate Students) scholarships
CYCU offers DIGS (Distinguished International Graduate Students) scholarships to qualified international students to come to CYCU for graduate study. Areas of our international programs (except Teaching Chinese as a Second Language, all courses offered in the programs are in English) are as follows:
1. Nanotechnology (MA program only)
2. Chemical Engineering and Materials
4. Microeletronic Engineering and Applications
5. Industrial and Systems Engineering
6. Civil Engineering (Lectured mainly in Chinese)
7. Environmental Engineering
8. Biomedical Engineering
9. Biotechnology (MA program only, Fall Term application only)
10. International Program for Business & Management:
(1). International Program for Business and Management (Lectured in English, Fall Term Application, MA program only)
(2). Master Program for Business Administration (Lectured in Chinese)
(3). Ph.D. Program in Business
11. Teaching Chinese as a Second Language (Lectured in Chinese, MA program only)
12. Chemistry and Material Chemistry Program (Ph.D. program only)
13. Applied Linguistics and Language Studies Department (MA program only)
14. Electrical Engineering
Qualifications for obtaining DIGS scholarships are as follows:
1. Top one half in the students’ graduating class standing
2. English capability is equivalent to a TOEFL score of 500 (or 61 by IBT) or above. For those who were graduated from the universities using English as the primary means for communication, this requirement can be waived. TOEFL ITP is not accepted.
3. For those programs needing Chinese language, the Chinese capability required is TOP (Test Of Proficiency – Huayu) Superior (former Intermediate level 4) or Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK) Level 7 for those who are taking Teaching Chinese as a Second Language International Graduate Program; for other disciplines, TOP (Test Of Proficiency – Huayu) Superior (former Intermediate level 3) or Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK) Level 6.
Terms for DIGS scholarship includes the following:
1. Tuition and incidental fees waiver
2. Monthly stipend of NT$ 6,000/mon (or US$ 182/mon, based on US$ 1 ~ NT$ 33 conversion rate) for two years for those working on their Master’s degree; NT$ 8,000/mon (or US$ 242/mon) for four years for those working on their Ph.D. degree.
3. Free campus housing (shared with three other students in a room of the CYCU’s student dormitory)
4. Free Chinese course for one year.
5. It is noted that for a Master’s student, the overall scholarship is over US$ 13,000; for a Ph.D. student, it is over US$ 29,000.
It is noted that international students with DIGS scholarships are required to worked for 4-hr per week in assisting research/teaching/service at CYCU
Please follow our instruction in the system.
1. Register in the system
2. Fill all the information, upload the required documents and complete the whole procedure in the system.
3. Down load the required documents, print out your application form from the system.
4. Sent the hardcopy of application form and application from to us by postal mail.
Please must go through our on-line system and complete all the required procedure.
Otherwise, we are not able to accept your application