Ministry of Education assented to plan and set up the Departmant of Bioscience Technology of Chung Yuan Christian University in 2000. Ministry of Education approved to establish the Departmant of Bioscience Technology of Chung Yuan Christian University in 2001. Departmant of Bioscience Technology was established in 2002 and recruited the first undergradurate students.
Currently, our department has undergraduate and master course. Our undergraduate course has 50 students per year since 2002, however, we extend undergraduate course up 100 students from year 2012. From 2007, our master course recruits 14 students to improve our research. So far, our master course have 18 students per year.
The goals of our department described as below.
1. To educate our student to have strong background of biotechnology including technology and theory.
2. To train our student to have excellent ability of experiments of life science.
3. To incubate our student to have independently research and innovation skills that are niche for jobs.
4. To provide fundamental biological course for other department students to teach interdisciplinary students.
5. Our master courses match the biotechnology policy of our country to instruct the specialist of bio-medicine and health food technology.